Information on joining this session
Simply enrol in the event session by clicking on the yellow button on the right-hand side. At the time of the session, the count-down will be replaced by a "Join meeting" button. We look forward to seeing you there.
The Global Dimension - Our message to the world on Alternative Care
Presenting the global perspectives from the UN Day of General Discussions to relevance in Asia, with specific highlights from children and young people.
- Lopa Bhattacharjee, Family for Every Child, India
- Youth Researchers from the UN DGD Global Research
- Aniruddha Kulkarni , UNICEF, USA
- Milan Dharel, National Child Rights Council, Nepal
Final reflection and closure
Join our panel of experts for their final reflections on BICON and a look forward to the future of care reform for children in Asia.
Issue to be discussed include:
- How can Asia turn the words of the UN Day of General Discussion on Alternative Care for Children into action?
- How can the UN CRC Committee support the growing movement for care reform in Asia?
- What message should BICON convey to governments and regional bodies in Asia?
- Dr Delia Pop, Director, Tanya’s Dream Fund
- Prof. Ann Skelton, Professor of Law at the University of Pretoria and UN Committee on the Rights of the Child Member
- Dr Kiran Modi, Founder and managing trustee, Udayan Care
- Tessa Boudrie, Regional Director for Asia, Hope and Homes for Children
- Dr Rinchen Chophel, Director General of the South Asia Initiative to End Violence Against Children and Member of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Ms. Dikshya Thapa, Co-ordinator of the BICON Care Experienced Young People group
Ask questions and continue the conversation
Use this thread to ask questions or share your comments about the event, both before or after the session.